Submit a repair request
IMPORTANT: Check the list of common issues and solutions below before submitting your request
Before completing the maintenance request form, please read the Troubleshooting Guide provided below. Completing these steps can save you time and money! Tenants may be charged for a service call if the service person determines that the tenant failed to perform rountine maintenance task as outlined below. Repair How-To Videos and Troubleshooting Information
If this is a Water Emergency, please immediately turn off the water to the problem area. Water shut offs are located on the water lines to toilets, sinks, water heaters, etc within the home. If you are unable to turn off the water line or if this does not stop the water flow, please call the appropriate water authroity on call 24/7 for your property. Then complete the online repair request form in your portal to notify us of the issue.
- City of Albuquerque Water Authority 505-842-WATR (842-9287) Emergency Shut-Off
- City of Rio Rancho Water Authority 505-975-1581 (Emergency or After Hours)
If you suspect a Gas Leak, please immediately call NM Gas at 1-888-664-2726, ext 1. Then complete the repair request form in your portal so to notify us of the issue.
Tyson Properties' pest control policy is a one-time only spray provided to the Tenant, upon request. Any and all subsequent sprays will be the tenant's responsibility and at the tenant's expense unless there is an infestation or point of access that needs to be addressed.
Use for all Albuquerque rental homes, Rio Rancho rental homes and all Tyson property rentals.
- Smoke Detectors won't work when tested: Press the test button or test with approved smoke detector smoke spray, replace battery.
- Smoke Detector beeps: replace battery.
- No power to plugs or switches: Check and reset breaker panel. Check and reset all GFI (Ground Fault Indicator) outlets (located in kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms, and garages). Check if plug works off a wall switch. Call PNM 246-5600 to check if there is an outage in your area.
- Garbage disposal doesn't work: When on, do you hear a buzz? If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test. If you hear a buzz, turn off disposal and unplug from wall. Mounted on the side of the disposal or side of cabinet may be an Allen Wrench. Put the wrench in the center shaft and gently twist back and forth (this un-jams the disposal). Remove the object that is causing the obstruction, turn back on, and test.
- No hot water: Check and reset breaker in power panel. Check the temperature setting and make sure it is set to a medium temperature, not on low or vacation mode.
- Plumbing or fixtures leak: Turn off water fixture, turn off water at supply line and notify your property manager immediately.
- Toilet is plugged: Plunge and test.
- No heat: Check thermostat. Check that furnace covers are in properly. Check that a switch that looks like an ordinary light switch is turned on (located in or near the furnace room). Did you pay your utilities on time or issue an order to disconnect the utility?
- Dishwasher won't drain: Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher.
- Dishwasher grinds or no water is coming in: Turn off, if no water is on the bottom pour two large glasses of water into the bottom and re-start. If problem continues, call your property manager and discontinue use.
- Calcium build-up in Dishwasher: Pour a little bit of vinegar in the dishwasher and run while empty.
- Refrigerator too warm or too cold: Check if thermostat in refrigerator is set correctly.
- No Air conditioning: (For refrigerated air only) Check all circuit breakers. Clean and replace filter and test. OR (For Swamp Coolers) Report if fan is blowing air or not or report if fan is blowing but the air is warm. Make sure at least one window is slightly open.
- No electricity: Check all breakers, flip them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position.
- Filters: It is the tenant's responsibility to change refrigerator filters.
Repair Videos and Troubleshooting Information
If none of the above items resolve your issue, follow these steps.
Please note: During weekends and out of hours, emergency maintenance fees may apply.