Property Management Blog
When a property is in good condition it can attract the best quality tenants, will often rent for a higher price, and will typically rent more quickly. Properties in fair or poor condition can sit in the rental pool for months and require a cut in rental price to attract a tenant.
Homes that are visually appealing are far easier to rent. Here are some of the ways we help our owners improve their rental odds.
Although every property is different and can have specific, unique items that need addressing, any home you wish to rent to a tenant should meet some basic requirements before listing it as a rental.
Here's where you need to start:
- The entire house should be clean, walls should be painted (neutral colors are recommended), and the carpet should be commercially cleaned.
- Blinds should be placed on all clear windows throughout the house. This is a matter of safety, security, and privacy for a tenant. We require this of our owners in order to protect our tenants and to meet safety concerns as outlined by New Mexico landlord/ tenant laws. This requirement may or may not be somethng your state's landlord laws demand.
- All appliances and features, such as security alarms and garage door openers, should be in good working order with all parts and options working properly. We recommend that a refrigerator, washer, and dryer be provided in each home. Having the home equipped with appliances can help improve tenancy for the landlord.
- The lawn should be trim, neat, and thriving if there is grass, and should be well-maintained no matter what type of landscaping is installed.
If you choose to place your home under our care, we'll always conduct a walk-through and inspect the condition of the property so that we can suggest anything that might be done to improve the appearance of the home and make it more appealing to potential tenants.
Learn more about Making the Most of Your Investment
- Property Management
- Property Maintenance Tips
- Just for Tenants
- Real Estate, Albuquerque
- rental home preparation
- real estate investing, buying real estate, selling real estate, Albuquerque income properties
- Home Sales
- Property Repairs, Tenancy
- Albuquerque; Real Estate Albuquerque; Property Management Secrets
- Easy Home Cleaning Tips
- Rental Market Secrets
- Property Repairs
- Landlord Issues and Property Management
- Business Tips
- property management skills
- For the Kids
- New Mexico jobs
- Albuquerque Rental Property Managers
- Is It Time to Paint Your Rental Property?
- Simple Ways to Maintain the Value of Your Home from the Outside
- Hunting for a Home to Rent? Cleanup These Documents Before You Apply
- Attempting to Qualify for a Home Loan Online Isn’t Always the Best Idea
- Melissa LaRose