Property Management Blog
Spring is the Time to Turn Your Sprinkler System On
If you’re living in a rental home, you’re likely charged with the maintenance of your lawn and outdoor areas. Caring for the sprinkler system is part of that groundskeeping process.
WHERE TO START
- Turning on the watering system for the first time each season is an opportunity to check for problems left by winter weather.
- Locate the irrigation supply valve and turn the system on by turning the valve. Set the automatic sprinkler controller to the “ON” position.
- Allow the system to run for a few minutes. Walk the length of the system and make sure each sprinkler head is operating correctly.
- Report any problems to your property manager.
- Set the sprinkler system to turn off and on according to local watering requirements.
- Most management companies require repair requests for broken appliances and items found in the home. Check your lease agreement to see how you should proceed with a needed sprinkler repair.
- If you’ve been watering the correct amount of time over the course of a few weeks, and you see that your lawn and plants are suffering, let your property manager know right away.
- If there is no sprinkler system to care for, you’ll be required to hand water flower beds, grass, and trees in both your front and back yard areas. You will need to purchase the right equipment to get the job done.
- Communities facing water shortages and drought conditions typically have watering schedules that citizens are asked to follow. You can view local Albuquerque watering restrictions here.
In Albuquerque, watering restrictions are in operation from April 1 through October 31. Rio Rancho water restrictions are also start April 1 and run through October 31. However, Rio Rancho has different restrictions to follow.
- Real Estate Investing, Buying Real Estate, Selling Real Estate, Albuquerque Income Properties
- Property Maintenance Tips
- Applying For A Home
- Just for Tenants
- Property Management
- Real Estate, Albuquerque
- rental home preparation
- real estate investing, buying real estate, selling real estate, Albuquerque income properties
- Home Sales
- Property Repairs, Tenancy
- Albuquerque; Real Estate Albuquerque; Property Management Secrets
- Easy Home Cleaning Tips
- Rental Market Secrets
- Property Repairs
- Landlord Issues and Property Management
- Business Tips
- property management skills
- For the Kids
- New Mexico jobs
- Are You Cut Out to Be a New Mexico Landlord?
- Is It Okay to Water My Lawn Today?
- Do Your Sprinklers Work?
- How Do I Qualify to Lease a Single-Family Home?
- 5 Common Lease Requirements for Renters