Please read below before completing our: Repair Request Form
Some repairs you may be able to resolve yourself. Repair How-To Videos and Troubleshooting Information
Upon completion of the requested repair, please complete our: Vendor Evaluation Form
Our office is open five days a week. If this is an emergency, please call our office at 505-323-2104 and we will address the issue as soon as possible during our office hours. If this is in regards to a Water Emergency, please immediately turn off the water to the problem area. Water turn offs are located on the water lines to toilets, sinks, water heaters, etc within the home. If you are unable to turn off the water line or if this does not stop the water flow, please call the City of Albuquerque Water Authority for an Emergency Turn Off at 842-WATR (842-9287). They are on-call 24/7. Then complete the online repair request form below so your property manager can contact you and can send a Plumber out as soon as possible to repair the issue. If you are reporting a Gas Leak, please immediately call NM Gas at 1-888-664-2726, ext 1. Then complete the on-line repair request form below so that your property manager can contact you and can send a Plumber out as soon as possible to repair the issue.
Tyson Properties' bug spray policy is one spray per tenant paid for by the landlord, each subsequent spray will be the tenant's responsibility and at the tenant's expense unless there is an infestation or point of access that needs to be addressed.
Before completing the maintenance request form, please read the troubleshooting guide provided below. Completing these steps can save you time and money! Tenants may be charged for a service call if the service person determines that the tenant failed to perform rountine maintenance task as outlined below.
Use for all Albuquerque rental homes, Rio Rancho rental homes and all Tyson property rentals.
- Smoke Detectors won't work when tested: Press the test button or test with approved smoke detector smoke spray, replace battery.
- Smoke Detector beeps: replace battery.
- No power to plugs or switches: Check and reset breaker panel. Check and reset all GFI (Ground Fault Indicator) outlets (located in kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms, and garages). Check if plug works off a wall switch. Call PNM 246-5600 to check if there is an outage in your area.
- Garbage disposal doesn't work: When on, do you hear a buzz? If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test. If you hear a buzz, turn off disposal and unplug from wall. Mounted on the side of the disposal or side of cabinet may be an Allen Wrench. Put the wrench in the center shaft and gently twist back and forth (this un-jams the disposal). Remove the object that is causing the obstruction, turn back on, and test.
- No hot water: Check and reset breaker in power panel. Check the temperature setting and make sure it is set to a medium temperature, not on low or vacation mode.
- Plumbing or fixtures leak: Turn off water fixture, turn off water at supply line and notify your property manager immediately.
- Toilet is plugged: Plunge and test.
- No heat: Check thermostat. Check that furnace covers are in properly. Check that a switch that looks like an ordinary light switch is turned on (located in or near the furnace room). Did you pay your utilities on time or issue an order to disconnect the utility?
- Dishwasher won't drain: Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher.
- Dishwasher grinds or no water is coming in: Turn off, if no water is on the bottom pour two large glasses of water into the bottom and re-start. If problem continues, call your property manager and discontinue use.
- Calcium build-up in Dishwasher: Pour a little bit of vinegar in the dishwasher and run while empty.
- Refrigerator too warm or too cold: Check if thermostat in refrigerator is set correctly.
- No Air conditioning: (For refrigerated air only) Check all circuit breakers. Clean and replace filter and test. OR (For Swamp Coolers) Report if fan is blowing air or not or report if fan is blowing but the air is warm. Make sure at least one window is slightly open.
- No electricity: Check all breakers, flip them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position.
- Filters: It is the tenant's responsibility to change refrigerator filters.
Repair Videos and Troubleshooting Information
- I put the wrong type of soap in the dishwasher, what do I do?
- The dishwasher drain is clogged.
- How do I unclog a drain?
- How to use a plunger on a slow draining sink.
- I lost electrical power or need to reset the circuit breaker.
- I lost power to an outlet but not the rest of the room or home.
- How to unjam the garbage disposal.
- How to reset the garbage disposal.
- How to properly use a garbage disposal.
- I smell gas, what do I do?
- About Thermostats and Control Systems
- How do I change my HVAC filters?
- How do I test the smoke detector?
- How do I maintain the smoke detector?
- I check for a possible water leak?
- How do I turn off the main water supply at the curb?
- How do I turn off the main water supply inside the house?
- How do I change the flapper valve on the toilet?
- How do I change the refrigerator water filter?
- How do I change the refrigerator water filter?
- My garage door opener isn't working.
Please complete the form below to request a repair needed at the property. If the repair is an emergency, please call our office at (505) 323-2104 and see the instructions above for a Water or Gas emergency. Fill out the form to the best of your knowledge. All fields are required.
We must have a valid working phone number to reply to this request, please include your most recent phone number!
To Submit a Repair Request Complete this Form: