Property Management Blog
Want to Lease Your Home? What You Need to Know
Best Months to Put a Home on the Rental Market in Albuquerque
Putting your home into the local rental pool could reap a more immediate response during certain months of the year. Because each home is unique, and that means many factors are part of the property assessment, there’s certainly no concrete answers here.
Recently renovated and updated single-family homes are typically easier to lease no matter when they are listed. However, there are particular points in the calendar year that are easy to identify as times where people “move” more often. And these months can be pure gold for a landlord.
Rental Months That Work Magically in Albuquerque
Perfect months for rental home listings are May through September. It’s summer and lots of folks are on the move for many reasons. Mom or Dad may have changed jobs. The family may decide they want to live in a different state. It may be time to retire. People’s schedules are typically open during the summer, so relocating is easier for them to manage.
When people move to new locations, they may wait on purchasing a home and rent a property instead. This is good news for landlords in general. It keeps a steady flow of potential applicants knocking at your door.
Double-Down on Rental Potential: What’s the Renter Looking For?
You can improve your home’s rental potential by ensuring you meet the basic needs of the folks looking to rent. It doesn’t take much to identify key areas on a renter’s wish list. You can help the rental process along by addressing these points:
Is your rent in line with the current market? A renter may be trying to save money and looking for something competitively priced. They’ll be looking in your community and comparing the size of your home, its amenities, and the rental price with other properties. If you put the rent at a price that’s higher than other landlords providing the same type of home, you can lose out.
Are you willing to build a great relationship with your tenant? Respond to repair needs or concerns quickly and efficiently, and your tenants are likely to stay longer.
Is your property clean and does it have newer appliances? Grunge in the corners, broken or chipped tiles, and old appliances are all things a potential tenant will notice and could use as criteria for rejecting your property.
Have you updated your property recently? Updated properties with fresh paint, carpet, and countertops are more dazzling to a renter.
Is the home in a good location? Renters want an easy commute to work, school, and recreational areas.
Tyson Properties is the leading local property management company in Albuquerque. Call us today to find out more about placing qualified tenants in your single-family property. 505-323-2104
- property management
- best property management in Albuquerque
- Residential property management
- rental market trends
- investment property
- Real Estate Investing, Buying Real Estate, Selling Real Estate, Albuquerque Income Properties
- Property Maintenance Tips
- Applying For A Home
- Just for Tenants
- Property Management
- Real Estate, Albuquerque
- rental home preparation
- real estate investing, buying real estate, selling real estate, Albuquerque income properties
- Home Sales
- Property Repairs, Tenancy
- Albuquerque; Real Estate Albuquerque; Property Management Secrets
- Easy Home Cleaning Tips
- Rental Market Secrets
- Property Repairs
- Landlord Issues and Property Management
- Business Tips
- property management skills
- For the Kids
- New Mexico jobs
- When Do I Replace Exterior Items on an Albuquerque Rental Home?
- What Do I Do with My Parent’s Single-Family Home in Rio Rancho?
- Best Months to Put a Home on the Rental Market in Albuquerque
- Making Your Investment Last: Replace Items Inside Your Rio Rancho Rental Home
- How to Find Great Albuquerque Tenants for Your Home Rental