Tyson Properties Application Policy & Qualification Criteria
Thank you for choosing Tyson Properties to help you find your new home. We want the application process to be quick and easy for you. Please note, that we conduct a thorough background, credit and criminal check on all applicants. Below you will find a list of items that you will need to submit with your application and some tips to prevent any delays in the processing. The quicker we get this information, the faster we can provide you with an answer.
In order for us to complete the processing of your application, we must have the following for all adults over the age of 18 that will be occupying the home:
1) Completed Application - you can complete an online form by clicking on the 'Apply' button on the listing that you are interested in
2) Driver's license or State issued ID or Passport (can be uploaded within the online application or emailed to email@example.com)
3) Non-Refundable Application Fee of $40 per Adult - there will be a link to pay this at the end of the online application to pay this. Please note: The Application Fees are non-refundable, as soon as you submit your application, the application fee is immediately applied and cannot be refunded. If your application is approved and we process a lease, there will be a $55 lease processing fee.
4) Proof of Income (can be uploaded within the online application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org) Acceptable forms of income include your most recent two month's worth of pay stubs, an Offer of Employement Letter, two most previous tax returns (if self-employed), social security earnings statements, child support documentation.
1) INCOME: We require a minumum income level of 3 times the monthly rental amount. If one applicant does not meet this income requirement, we can combine the income of 2 or more applicants as long as each applicant can provide proof of income of at least 2 times the monthly rental rate.
2) CREDIT: We require an above 500 credit score and that all accounts are in good-standing.
3) RENTAL HISTORY: We require good standing rental history for the past two years. If you are living with family and friends, then your application will be processed as having no landlord references and a double deposit will be required, if you meet all other qualifications. If you have owned your own home for the past two years, we will require that your mortgage be in good standing in order to qualify.
4) CRIMINAL BACKGROUND: We will run a national criminal background check on all applicants and all applications will be checked through the national Sex Offender and OFAC/Terrorist database.
5) PET/ANIMAL SCREENING: We require EVERYONE to complete a third-party screening and review process at tysonproperties.petscreening.com. This ensures that all applicants have reviewed and understood our pet and animal policy and any Applicants with pets or animals are able to submit their pet documentation for review and approval through this third party site. Additional third-party fees may apply and these are separate from any application fees paid to Tyson Properties. There is a $250 -$500 per pet fee required to be paid in full prior to occupancy and an additional $25 - $50 pet rent per pet charged monthly.
We screen each application immediately upon submission. If your application passes our pre-screening qualification criteria and the property you are applying for is still available, you will be sent an invitation to submit an application deposit. This deposit is equal to 1/2 the security deposit and will serve to hold the home off the market for a maximum of 48 hours while we complete your application. If your application is approved, the application deposit will be immediately deposited and you will be required to sign a lease within 3 days of approval. If you fail to sign the lease within the 3 day time period or fail to move-in to the property upon the signing of a lease, the application deposit will be forfeited to reimburse the owner for lost rents. If you do not submit the application deposit, we will continue to accept applications on the property that you have applied for and any other qualified applicants will also be given the opportunity to submit a deposit to hold the property for themselves.
We require that Tenants obtain a Renter's Insurance policy and provide proof of that policy prior to keys being released. Renter's Insurance can be easily obtained and is typically inexpensive. Please be prepared to provide this upon request at the time of lease signing.
Fair Housing Provider
Tyson Properties is committed to compliance with all federal, state, and local fair housing laws. Tyson Properties will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, familial status, disability, or any other specific classes protected by applicable laws. Tyson Properties will allow any reasonable accommodation or reasonable modification based upon a disability-related need. The person requesting any reasonable modification may be responsible for the related expenses.
Reasons for Automatic Denial of an Application:
Eviction or skip history within the past three years
Negative reports from previous landlords
Felony convictions or admissions of guilt in the past seven years
Multiple misdemeanor convictions or admissions of guilt in the past seven years
Unpaid judgements or tax liens
Lack of Proof Income of minimum three times the rent (or four times combined for two or more applicants)
Smoker: There will be NO smoking or vaping of any kind allowed in or on any of our rental properties.
Growing of Medical Cannabis is not allowed in or on any of our rental properties.
Restricted Pets: Dobermans, Pit Bulls, Chowchows, Akitas, Rottweilers, Siberian Huskies, Malamutes, Presa Canarios, Wolf-hybrids, German Shepherds, American Stafforshire Terriers, Mastiffs, St Bernards, Great Danes, Karelian Bear Dogs, Dingos or any dog(s) cross bred with the aforementioned dogs. Additional restrictions include reptiles, rodents, insects, exotic or poisonous animals or other animals as restricted by city ordinances
Please do not proceed with completing and submitting an application unless you have read and agree to these instructions. All application fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. If you proceed with submitting your application, your application fees are immediately applied and cannot be refunded.
If you would like a Quick Move-In, less than 72 hours, please read our Quick Move-In Policy and Addendum. This addendum will need to be signed and uploaded with your application or emailed to email@example.com.
If you are applying for a home that was built prior to 1978, please make sure to read the 'Protect Your Family from Lead Based Paint' Pamphlet below and to sign the Pre-Application Disclosure prior to completing the application. The disclosure form will need to be uploaded with your application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.